ZP Cookie Notice
Do you use the Cookie Notice plugin, formerly by dFactory, now taken over by Hu-manity.co?
Are you unhappy with the way its recent updates took over your admin screen with a full page ad, and the degradation of its functionality due to its new owners trying to monetise it?
Are you worried that if you stick with 1.3.2, you may leave your site vulnerable?
Solution: replace it with ZP Cookie Notice.
ZP Cookie Notice is a free and legal fork of Cookie Notice 1.3.2, containing all the core functionality with no intrusive marketing or upselling.
ZP Cookie Notice will be developed and supported in the following ways:
- Will always be free (a commercial add-on may be considered in the future but this will NOT affect the free version)
- Will stick to its core purpose (irrelevant Coronavirus-related features have been stripped out)
- Will no longer show unnecessary admin notices
- Will not insist on having a top-level admin menu entry
- Is updateable via your site’s plugins page even though it will not be added to the WordPress plugins repository (see comment 3 below)
- Will be developed and supported for both WordPress and ClassicPress
- Has been refactored using object-oriented techniques and properly namespaced
- Now carries a small, unobtrusive marketing message on the settings page
- Will become more customisable (in particular, button colours)
You can see it in operation on this site (if you haven’t clicked it yet!).
Just like other ZigPress plugins, ZP Cookie Notice requires PHP 7.0. This requirement is now enforced in the latest version. It also requires WordPress 4.9 (or ClassicPress 1.1 if that’s what you’re using).
Please note also that version 0.2.x has been extensively rewritten, so if you find problems, please comment here, and you can roll back to version 0.1.3 if you need to.
This form is offered as a courtesy and we cannot guarantee to solve your issue. If you have found a genuine bug we will obviously endeavour to fix it, however providing a timescale is not possible.
The more detail you provide, the more likely we are to be able to address the problem. Making a donation also helps!
Feature requests will only be considered if we feel a reasonable proportion of users will benefit.
If you'd like to request some paid custom development, please use our general contact form.